SE@M'10 Workshop Proceedings published
The Fourth International Workshop on Search and Exchange of e-le@rning Materials (SE@M’10) workshop was held on September 27-28, 2010 in conjunction with the Fifth European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL’10) in Barcelona, Spain. The workshop proceedings are now available.
The main goal of this international workshop was to offer a forum where researchers and practitioners discussed theoretical aspects, open issues, and innovative approaches and shared the latest advances in the state of the art and practices for exchanging and describing learning content.
Eleven papers were presented in the course of the two day workshop. Two keynote speakers opened and closed the workshop.
Papers explored innovative approaches and technical solutions for the management of learning object repositories, data models for efficiently organizing multiple metadata standards, content packaging, digital curation, keyword extraction, user generated metadata and a series of issues encountered in federated metadata management.
- Repository Services for Outcome-based Learning
Michael Totschnig, Michael Derntl, Israel Gutiérrez, Jad Najjar, Roland Klemke, Joris Klerkx, Erik Duval, Franz Müller
- The Ariadne Registry of LORs
José Luis Santos, Joris Klerkx, Erik Duval
- Where is the User? Filtering Bots from the Edurep Query Logs
- Handling Multiple Metadata Streams Regarding Digital Learning Material
Jasper Roes, Jeroen van Vuuren, Nico Verbeij, Henk Nijstad
- Managing Broken URLs in Federated Metadata
Tien-Dung Le, Elena Shulman
- Preliminary Discussion on a Digital Curation Framework for Learning Repositories
Nikos Palavitsinis, Nikos Manouselis, Salvador Sanchez-Alonso
- Automatic Keywords Extraction - a Basis for Content Recommendation
Ivana Bosnic, Katrien Verbert, Erik Duval
- Conversion of the YDP Learning Content to Common Cartridge Package
- Authoring for Re-use in Outcome-oriented Learning Scenarios
Roland Klemke, Birgit Schmitz
- Exploring Quality Issues in the Use of LOs: To Tag or Not to Tag?
Rune Hjelsvold, Jingjing Fan, Yngve Nordkvelle, Kjell Are Refsvik
- Educational Resources Packaging Standards SCORM and IMS Common Cartridge - The Users Point of View
Kati Clements, Àgueda Gras-Velázquez, Jan M. Pawlowski